Located in Jefferson County, Applewood is a cozy and welcoming suburb of Denver. Known for its charming parks, lovely neighborhoods, and easy access to the mountains, Applewood is a must-visit destination for visitors to Colorado.
10 Places to Visit
1. Crown Hill Park – This 242-acre park offers hiking trails, art exhibits, and lovely views of the surrounding mountains.
2. Colorado Mills Mall – This shopping center has over 200 stores, including popular brands like H&M, Forever 21, and Nike.
3. Mother Cabrini Shrine – This peaceful and serene shrine features beautiful gardens, chapels, and a stunning sculpture of Jesus.
4. Dinosaur Ridge – This National Natural Landmark boasts a wealth of dinosaur fossils and tracks.
5. Clear Creek Canyon Park – This park offers stunning views of the Rocky Mountains and is the perfect spot for a scenic drive.
6. Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre – This iconic venue hosts concerts and events throughout the year, and features stunning red rock formations.
7. Fairmount Cemetery – This historic cemetery is the final resting place of many notable Coloradans, including Buffalo Bill and Jack Dempsey.
8. Coors Brewery – Take a tour of this iconic brewery and learn about the history of one of the world’s most popular beers.
9. Moe’s Original BBQ – This restaurant serves up delicious Southern-style BBQ in a cozy atmosphere.
10. Golden City Brewery – This local brewery is a favorite for craft beer fans, with an ever-changing menu of seasonal and experimental brews.
5 Places to Avoid
1. I-70 during rush hour – The main highway through Applewood can be a nightmare during peak traffic times.
2. West Colfax Avenue – This busy street is known for its high crime rates and should be avoided, especially after dark.
3. Unpaved hiking trails – While the hiking options in Applewood are plentiful, be sure to stick to well-maintained trails to avoid getting lost or injured.
4. Lakewood Gulch – This waterway can be dangerous during heavy rain, and should be avoided during inclement weather.
5. Bicycling on major roads – While Applewood is generally bicycle-friendly, be cautious when biking near major roads and highways.
Overview about the City
|Average Temperature:||Spring: 42-67°F / Summer: 56-85°F / Fall: 35-69°F / Winter: 17-46°F|
|Best Time to Visit:||Summer (June-August) for outdoor activities and events, but autumn (September-November) for the beautiful fall foliage.|
|City Official URL:||https://www.applewoodcolorado.com/|