Citrus Springs is a small community located in Citrus County, Florida. It is a quaint town with beautiful natural surroundings and a friendly atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy the great outdoors and a range of activities, including hiking, boating, fishing, and golfing. In this post, we will explore 10 places to visit and 5 places to avoid in Citrus Springs, Florida.
Places to Visit
1. Withlacoochee State Trail – This 46-mile long trail is a popular destination for cycling, walking, and jogging. The trail runs through the heart of Citrus Springs and provides stunning views of Florida’s natural beauty.
2. Fort Island Gulf Beach – This beach is perfect for swimming and sunbathing. Visitors can also enjoy watching dolphins, fishing, and picnicking here.
3. Rainbow Springs State Park – This state park is a hidden gem of Citrus Springs. It offers crystal clear water, hiking trails, and scenic waterfalls.
4. Crystal River Archaeological State Park – This park is famous for its impressive ancient mounds and shell works. Visitors can explore the history and culture of the region here.
5. Three Sisters Springs – These natural springs are home to manatees, and visitors can take a guided tour to view them. It is a great spot for snorkeling and kayaking.
6. Pine Ridge Golf Course – This golf course is located in the heart of Citrus Springs and offers stunning scenery and well-maintained fairways.
7. Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park – This wildlife park offers visitors a chance to see a variety of animals up close, including manatees, alligators, and panthers.
8. Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge – This refuge is a sanctuary for endangered manatees and offers excellent opportunities for kayaking and birdwatching.
9. The Plantation Inn and Golf Resort – This resort offers luxurious accommodations, world-class golfing, and a range of amenities for visitors.
10. Old Courthouse Heritage Museum – This museum offers a glimpse into Citrus Springs’ history and culture. It has a range of exhibits on display, including artifacts from the area’s past.
Places to Avoid
1. Walmart Supercenter – This Walmart is known for its crowded and chaotic atmosphere, and it can be a frustrating experience for shoppers.
2. Sunoco Gas Station – This gas station has been reported for overcharging customers, and it is best to avoid it.
3. US-41 – This highway can be dangerous, especially during peak hours. It is best to avoid this road if possible.
4. Duke Energy Power Plant – This power plant can be an eyesore and produce noise pollution for nearby residents.
5. Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant – This nuclear power plant is located near Citrus Springs and can pose a potential health risk to residents.
Overview about the City
|Language||Currency||Average Temperature by Season||Best Time to Visit||City Official||Trip Advisor|
|English||US Dollar||Winter: 50°F-70°F, Spring: 60°F-85°F, Summer: 75°F-95°F, Fall: 65°F-80°F||Fall & Winter||https://citrusbocc.com/||https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34162-Citrus_Springs_Florida-Vacations.html|