Fallbrook is a charming city located in San Diego County, California. Known as the “Avocado Capital of the World”, Fallbrook boasts beautiful natural scenery, rich agricultural heritage, and a vibrant local community. Here are 10 places to visit and 5 to avoid in Fallbrook:
Places to Visit
1. The Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens: A stunning venue with picturesque gardens and waterfall features, perfect for weddings and special events. The property also includes their award-winning steakhouse for fine dining.
2. Myrtle Creek Botanical Gardens & Nursery: A peaceful oasis with lush gardens, waterfalls, and a pond. The property also has a plant nursery, coffee shop, and bakery.
3. Fallbrook Gem & Mineral Museum: This fascinating museum showcases rare and beautiful gemstones, fossils, and minerals. It’s perfect for the whole family.
4. Pala Mesa Resort: A first-class resort that features an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service spa, and fantastic dining options.
5. Live Oak Park: A lovely park with many facilities such as sports courts, playgrounds and bike trails.
6. The Red Eye Saloon: One of the oldest bars in San Diego county with happy hour specials, live music and pool tables.
7. Los Jilbertos Taco Shop: A delicious and authentic Mexican restaurant serving up tasty street tacos, burritos, and more.
8. Fallbrook Winery: A beautiful winery located in a peaceful setting with scenic views. They have delicious red, white, and rose wines to sample.
9. Santa Margarita River Trail: A scenic hiking trail that winds through the wilderness with breathtaking views of the valley and river.
10. Myrtle Creek Vineyards: This beautiful vineyard has a fantastic tasting room, beautiful grounds, and great wine tours for visitors.
Places to Avoid
1. Walmart: Crowded and unpleasant parking places.
2. Fallbrook Village Square: The center itself is quite run-down and unappealing according to locals.
3. Lily’s Tacos Mexican Food: Overpriced and unsatisfactory Mexican fast-food.
4. Tony’s Sea Landing and Grill: The seafood and fish could be described as “below average” given the price of the dishes.
5. Los Jilbertos Taco Shop (Lunch Hours): During peak hours the establishment can be crowded and long lines.
Overview of Fallbrook
|Currency||United States Dollar (USD)|
|Average Temperature by Season||
|Best Time to Visit||Spring and Fall|
|City Official URL||https://www.fallbrook.org/|