North Sarasota, Florida: An Overview
North Sarasota is a city situated in Sarasota County, Florida, United States. It boasts of numerous attractions, including beaches, cultural centers, and nature preserves, making it an ideal destination for tourists. This city is famous for its rich history, cultural diversity, and natural beauty. North Sarasota has a warm and sunny climate all year round, making it an excellent place to visit any time of the year.
Here are ten places to visit in North Sarasota and five places to avoid:
Places to Visit
1. Siesta Key Beach – This beach has been voted the best beach in the US multiple times. It has soft, white sand and clear waters, making it the perfect place to relax.
2. The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art – This museum houses a vast collection of art and architecture from around the world, and it is the perfect place to explore art and culture.
3. Myakka River State Park – This park is home to many native species and has several walking trails available for visitors to explore.
4. Marie Selby Botanical Gardens – This botanical garden has a vast collection of flora and fauna, including rare and endangered species, and it provides a peaceful and relaxing environment.
5. Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium – This aquarium has various marine animals on exhibit, and visitors can participate in interactive exhibits and watch feeding times.
6. Crowley Museum & Nature Center – This nature center has many hands-on exhibits and focuses on educating visitors about Florida’s environment and history.
7. Ca d’Zan Mansion – This mansion was built by John Ringling, the founder of Ringling Bros. Circus, and is an imposing example of Venetian Gothic architecture.
8. Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall – This performing arts hall is home to many theater and dance performances, concerts, and other cultural events.
9. Legacy Trail – This 10-mile trail is perfect for hiking or biking and takes visitors through some of Sarasota County’s most scenic areas.
10. Sarasota Jungle Gardens – This botanical garden has many exotic plants, wildlife, and bird species, and visitors can interact with some of the animals.
Places to Avoid
1. North Trail – This area is known for its high crime rate and should be avoided at night.
2. Gillespie Park – This park is known for having drug activity and should be avoided.
3. Manatee Village Historical Park – This park has had several complaints of theft, and visitors are advised to be careful with their belongings.
4. Newtown – This area has a high crime rate and should be avoided.
5. Bobby Jones Golf Course – This golf course is poorly maintained and should be avoided.
Overview about the city
|Average Temperature by Season||Winter (December – February) – Highs: 70s°F, Lows: 50s°F | Spring (March – May) – Highs: 80s°F, Lows: 60s°F | Summer (June – August) – Highs: 90s°F, Lows: 70s°F | Fall (September – November) – Highs: 80s°F, Lows: 60s°F|
|Best time to visit||The best time to visit North Sarasota is from November to April, when the weather is warm and dry.|
|City official (URL href)||https://www.sarasotafl.gov/home|
|Trip Advisor (URL href)||https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34618-Sarasota_Florida-Vacations.html|