Palm Beach, Florida is known for its beautiful beaches, luxurious shopping, and high-end restaurants. Located on a barrier island, visitors can experience both the stunning Atlantic Ocean and the Inter-coastal Waterway. Here are 10 places to visit in Palm Beach and 5 to avoid.
Places to Visit:
1. Worth Avenue: This world-renowned shopping district boasts designer boutiques, art galleries, and some of the best restaurants in the area. Take a stroll down this picturesque street and enjoy the architecture and atmosphere.
2. The Breakers Resort: One of the most luxurious hotels in Palm Beach, The Breakers has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. Take a tour of the property, enjoy a meal at one of the multiple restaurants, or simply relax on the beach.
3. Palm Beach Zoo and Conservation Society: This zoo is home to over 500 animals from all over the world, including exotic cats, primates, and a koala. The conservation society also focuses on education and wildlife conservation.
4. Flagler Museum: The former estate of Henry Flagler, this museum showcases the Gilded Age and early Florida history. The property boasts a stunning waterfront location, gardens, and a historic railcar.
5. Mounts Botanical Garden: This tropical oasis is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown Palm Beach. With over 2,000 plant species, visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll, guided tour, or attend one of the many events held throughout the year.
6. John D. MacArthur Beach State Park: A natural wildlife reserve located on Singer Island, this state park offers activities such as kayaking, hiking, and fishing. Visitors can also enjoy the beach and picnic areas.
7. Peanut Island: This small island located just off the coast of Palm Beach is accessible by boat and offers camping, fishing, and snorkeling. Peanut Island also has a rich history as a Cold War era bunker and a presidential yacht dock.
8. Boca Raton Museum of Art: Located just a short drive from Palm Beach, this museum boasts a collection of contemporary and modern art. Visitors can also attend lectures, workshops, and events.
9. Lion Country Safari: Located in nearby Loxahatchee, this wildlife park allows visitors to experience a wild safari from the comfort of their car. The park is home to over 1,000 animals and also features a walk-through safari area.
10. Clematis Street: Located in downtown West Palm Beach, this street features over 50 bars, restaurants, and shops. Clematis Street also hosts multiple annual events and live music performances.
Places to Avoid:
1. Royal Poinciana Plaza: This outdoor shopping mall has limited options and is often crowded with tourists.
2. CityPlace: This shopping center has seen better days and is not worth the time or money to visit.
3. Palm Beach International Airport: Aside from passing through for travel, there is nothing worthwhile to visit at this airport.
4. West Palm Beach Waterfront: This area lacks activities and can be unsafe during certain times of the day.
5. Palm Beach Outlets: While there are a variety of stores, the experience does not compare to the high-end luxury shopping available on Worth Avenue.
Overview about the city:
|Language||Currency||Average Temperature by Season||Best Time to Visit||City Official||Trip Advisor|
|English||US Dollar||Spring: High 80s Low 60s, Summer: High 90s Low 70s, Fall: High 80s Low 60s, Winter: High 70s Low 50s||November to April||Town of Palm Beach Official Website||Palm Beach Tourism on TripAdvisor|