Satellite Beach, Florida
Located along the Atlantic coastline, Satellite Beach is a small, friendly seaside community best known for its long stretches of pristine beach, surfing, and fishing. It’s a perfect destination for families, beach enthusiasts, and outdoor enthusiasts looking for relaxation and adventure.
10 Places to Visit
1. Pelican Beach Park – This park is perfect for families and beach enthusiasts, offering a picnic area, playground, and showers. It’s also a popular spot for surfing and fishing.
2. Hightower Beach Park – This beach park is perfect for those looking for a quieter and peaceful beach experience. It has a beautiful shoreline, a few picnic tables, and a small playground.
3. Satellite Beach Skate Park – If you’re looking for something fun and unique, this skate park is the perfect spot for you. It has ramps, rails, and other features for skateboarders and BMX riders.
4. Longdoggers – This local restaurant offers delicious food, friendly service, and a casual atmosphere. It’s a perfect spot for families and beachgoers after a long day under the sun.
5. Jacobsen Park – This small park is perfect for a morning jog or an afternoon walk. The park has a peaceful atmosphere, well-maintained trails, and plenty of shade.
6. Satellite Beach Farmer’s Market – Visit this farmer’s market on Saturdays for fresh produce, baked goods, and crafts from local vendors.
7. Grant Seafood Festival – If you’re in town in March or November, don’t miss this popular seafood festival featuring local seafood and live music.
8. Ruth Funk Center for Textile Arts – This unique art museum showcases a extensive collection of textiles and fiber art from around the world.
9. Canova Beach Park – This beach is perfect for those looking for a more secluded and natural beach experience. It has a few picnic tables and benches, but no showers or restrooms.
10. Spessard Holland Park – This park has something for everyone, including beach access, picnic shelters, nature trails, and a playground for kids.
5 Places to Avoid
1. Satellite Beach City Hall – Unless you have some official business, there’s no reason to visit this building.
2. Bizzarro Pizza – This local pizza place is not very popular among tourists and can be skipped for more authentic or delicious dining options.
3. Satellite Beach Public Library – This small library is usually busy and not very comfortable for reading or studying.
4. Satellite Beach Marina – This marina is not usually open to the public and not worth the effort to visit.
5. Satellite Beach Post Office – Again, unless you have official business, there’s no need to visit this building during your visit.
Overview of Satellite Beach
|Currency||US Dollar ($)|
|Average Temperature by Season||
|Best Time to Visit||March to May or September to November for mild temperatures and less crowds.|
|Official City Website||https://www.satellitebeach.org/|