Overview: Springfield is a small city located in Bay County, Florida. Its population is just over 8,000 people, and it is part of the Panama City Metropolitan Statistical Area. Despite its small size, there are plenty of interesting places to visit in Springfield, as well as some areas that should be avoided.
10 Places to Visit:
1. Carl Gray Park: This public park features a playground, picnic areas, walking trails, a pier, and a swimming area. It’s a great place to spend a day with family or friends.
2. Science and Discovery Center of Northwest Florida: This interactive museum is perfect for kids of all ages. It features exhibits on science, technology, engineering, and math.
3. Gulf Coast State College: This college campus is open to the public and features beautiful grounds, sculptures, and art exhibits.
4. St. Andrews State Park: Just a short drive from Springfield, this state park offers white sand beaches, hiking trails, fishing, and even a shuttle to nearby Shell Island.
5. Panama City Beach: Known for its white sand beaches and emerald green waters, Panama City Beach is a popular tourist destination. Spend the day sunbathing, swimming, or jet-skiing.
6. Pier Park: This outdoor shopping mall features a wide variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. It’s a great place to spend a rainy day or take a break from the beach.
7. Shell Island: A short boat ride from St. Andrews State Park, Shell Island is a beautiful and secluded island perfect for snorkeling, picnicking, or just soaking up the sun.
8. Aaron Bessant Park: This park hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, festivals, and markets. Check the schedule to see what’s happening during your visit.
9. Miracle Strip Amusement Park: This classic amusement park features rides, games, and attractions for all ages. It’s a great place to relive childhood memories or create new ones.
10. Bayou Bill’s Crab House: This seafood restaurant is a local favorite, known for its fresh crab and shrimp dishes. The casual atmosphere and waterfront views make it a perfect spot for a leisurely lunch or dinner.
5 Places to Avoid:
1. Springfield Motel: This budget motel has a reputation for being run-down and poorly managed.
2. Budget Inn: Another low-cost option that has received numerous negative reviews for cleanliness and safety.
3. Park Central Hotel: Formerly a hotel, this building is now a low-income housing complex and has received negative reviews for the condition of the property.
4. Downtown Springfield at Night: While there are some great restaurants and bars in downtown Springfield, some areas can be sketchy at night, especially for tourists.
5. Springfield City Dump: This is an obvious place to avoid, as it’s not intended for tourists and the smell can be overwhelming.
Overview About the City
|Language||Currency||Average Temperature by Season||Best Time to Visit||City Official||Trip Advisor|
|English||US Dollar||Summer: 85 F | Fall: 70 F | Winter: 60 F | Spring: 78 F||Spring or Fall||http://www.springfieldfl.org/||https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34651-Springfield_Florida-Vacations.html|