West Miami, Florida is a small city located within the Miami-Dade County, in the southeastern part of the state. The city is known for its friendly community, vibrant culture, and excellent cuisine. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities, from exploring the city’s colorful art scene to relaxing on its world-renowned beaches. Here are 10 places to visit and 5 places to avoid when visiting West Miami, Florida.
Places to Visit:
1. Miami Beach – Miami Beach is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant nightlife.
2. The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens – the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an estate located in the heart of Miami, featuring gorgeous gardens and a stunning collection of art and antiques.
3. Little Havana – Little Havana is a vibrant district in the Miami area that is home to a large Cuban community. Here, visitors can experience the colorful culture, delicious food, and lively music of this diverse community.
4. The Everglades National Park – the Everglades National Park is a unique and diverse ecosystem that offers visitors the chance to see some of Florida’s most fascinating wildlife, including alligators, pythons, and panthers.
5. The Perez Art Museum – the Perez Art Museum is a world-renowned museum located in downtown Miami, featuring a vast collection of contemporary art from around the world.
6. South Beach – South Beach is another popular tourist destination in Miami, known for its beautiful beachfront, art deco architecture, and lively atmosphere.
7. Biscayne Bay – Biscayne Bay is a wonderful place to explore on a boat tour, offering stunning views of the Miami skyline and the surrounding islands.
8. Key West – Key West is a charming and laid-back island located at the southernmost point of the Florida Keys, offering visitors excellent snorkeling, fishing, and beachcombing opportunities.
9. The Frost Art Museum – the Frost Art Museum is located on the campus of Florida International University in Miami, featuring a diverse collection of art from around the world.
10. The Miami Design District – the Miami Design District is a thriving creative community that is home to a range of designer stores, art galleries, and innovative restaurants and cafes.
Places to Avoid:
1. Liberty City – Liberty City is a neighborhood located in northwestern Miami that is known for its high crime rates and unsafe streets, and is best avoided by visitors.
2. Overtown – Overtown is another troubled neighborhood in the Miami area that is known for its high levels of crime and drug activity.
3. Hialeah – Hialeah is a city located just northwest of Miami that is known for its high poverty rates and struggling infrastructure.
4. Downtown Miami – while downtown Miami is certainly not dangerous, it can be quite crowded and overwhelming for visitors who are not used to big city living.
5. Florida City – Florida City is a small town located just south of Miami that is known for its high poverty rates and rundown neighborhoods.
|Overview about the city|
|Language||English and Spanish|
|Average Temperature by Season||Winter: 70°F
|Best Time to Visit||November to April|